Health Checkup Guide
pick up supplies
Before Health Checkup
Preparations before Health Checkup
Before Health Checkup
- Please avoid greasy food, drinking and strenuous exercise the night before the checkup for accurate blood and urine tests, and fast after dinner. (At least 8-12 hours of fasting are required.)
- Hypertension medicine doesn't need to be stopped. Take the medicine with small amount of water on time. (If you are taking any other medication, please contact us in advance before you check-up.)
- Urine sample taken during menstruation can lead to inaccurate urinalysis. Please avoid menstruation period when scheduling your examination. If it is inevitable, please inform it to our staff.
On the Health Checkup Day
- Fasting : Do not eat at least 8~12 hours. (Drinking small amount of pure water is okay.)
- No smoking or taking caffeine allowed before the examination.
- Please bring your KAIST ID card or alien registration card.
- Recommended to wear comfortable clothing.
- Please avoid expensive or metal accessories.
- For eye examination, please bring your glasses or lenses you usually wear. If you wear contact lenses, please wear them in and bring the container to keep them during the checkup.
- If you have long hair, please bring hairpin or hairband for chest X-ray examination.
Instructions for family members
KAIST Clinic is only available for students, faculty, employees, businesses in KAIST and their dependants by medical law.
When the first visit of your family member, you are required to produce the documents as follows.
|Available family member||Documents to be brought|
|Spouse||ID card(i.e. alien registration card) + Birth certificate or Marriage certificate or National Health Insurance card or Any document that can prove family relation|
|Parents in law/Grandparents in law
Children in law/Grandchildren in law
|ID card(i.e. alien registration card) + National Health Insurance card or Alien registration card indicated as same address as the KAIST member’s or Any document that can prove family relation|
The address of the family member on the document has to be same with the KAIST member's